Why I do what I do...
I enjoy this both on a large and small scale. Programming/Web Development & Design involves abundant amounts of both. Figuring out the most efficient way to implement a feature or tracking down a bug in existing code are examples of small-scale problems that programmers/web developers and designers solve. No matter what project I find myself working on, it winds up having interesting challenges that improve my skills and make me that much better to solve the next.
Programming/Web Development & Design is wonderful. It’s a medium that, different from many others and allows me to create something out of nothing. I’m not limited to physical limitations and it’s as simple as if I can imagine it, I can create it (with enough thought and effort). Programming lets me create things that tie into the rest of my life and improve it, whether for fun, productivity (say, automating parts of my daily routine), or profit (work, modeling my personal finances, etc.)
It’s an area that has a lot of demand and probably will continue to be in demand for the foreseeable future. As such, it’s also an area that pays well. This does contribute to my enjoyment of what I do for a living. While I don’t tend to be frivolous with my finances, having a solid income makes staying in the black a lot simpler, and allows me to save and invest for the future, whether that be good times or bad.
Everything. The foundation of skills you're looking for, the fresh face, mind and perspective you need. I have the technical skills necessary and more importantly, the drive and ambition required to make every project a success.
- Attending Utah Valley University for my B.S. in Computer Science
- 3+ years development & design experience
- Thorough understanding of design principles
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS
- A strong understanding of grid systems & composition
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Great skills in the Adobe® Creative Suite
- Account and Project management experience
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Responsible & a Self-Starter
- Excellent customer service skills